Sunday, July 4, 2010

Cloth Diapering Favorites


I LOVE cloth diapering.  Really, I do.  I was surprised by how many people tried to talk me out of it when I was pregnant.  Thanks to several yahoo groups, I've found that I'm not the only one who gets excited about talking about everything cloth diapering-related.
My #1 favorite diaper is the BumGenius Flip diaper.  If I had to do it all over again, I would buy 1 box of the organic ,  2-4 additional covers (or you could try 1 box of the stay dry), plus 12 additional gcloth inserts.  (That's under $150 for diapers, for babies 8-35 lbs!)  

I like these because they are:  economical- the covers are reusable (like pre-folds); customizable- you can put anything absorbent in the cover (including disposable inserts- like the gDiaper disposable/flushable/compostable inserts); easy to clean, fast to dry; has snaps (velcro wears out fast); and they are one-size.  I've had 3 leaks in as many months- a record for us, even compared to disposables!  My daughter even wears these at night without leaks! 
One of the cutest options are gdiapers, especially adorable now with their brand new diaper-coordinated outfits.  These diapers are also really versatile (cloth, disposable options) and their website/customer service is impressive.  On the downside, we have had numerous leaks and the velcro wears out quickly.
Before I discovered the Flip diaper, the BumGenius AIO Organic with Snaps was my favorite.  My only beef with this diaper is that it takes a long time to dry (a full day in the sun or 2 dryer cycles).  Other than that, it's a great option. 
FuzziBunz Pocket Diapers and BumGenius 3.0 are good options.  The FB diaper has snaps, the BG has velcro.  I have had a fair amount of leaks with these diapers. 
I bought a 5 pack of Kushies AIOs on a website closeout.  These were great during the time that they fit my daughter, but that seemed like a pretty short window.    
BumGenius Econobum is worthless!  My husband, a king of puns, likes to call them "The Econo-Bum-Me-Out" diaper.  The included absorbnt insert is terrible at doing its job, absorbing- we've had a leak every single time (and yes, I washed these 6+ times before using).  Spend $8 more dollars and buy the Flip diaper!

I'm really satisfied with our Flip Diapers, but I am intrigued about the Gro Baby diapers.  Has anyone tried these?  Or have another favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment