Saturday, July 30, 2011

Morning/Afternoon/Evening Sickness

I am oh-so-grateful that this pregnancy has been nothing like my first pregnancy.  I lost count of the times I lost my lunch (breakfast, dinner...).

Here is a long list of tips that helped me (and my friends Melissa and Melissa, who had an even harder time during their pregnancies) tame nausea/morning sickness: 

-eat smaller meals, more often, especially right before bed, immediately in the morning
-don't get too full, or too hungry
-sparkling water (La Croix/HEB) or Topo Chico
-learn triggers (for me it was citrus and acidic foods)
-use lavender essential oil to smell, if sensitive to smells
-ginger/peppermint tea
-acupuncture
-switch to cinnamon toothpaste (not sure why but it helps)
-Claritin (sometimes)
-cinnamon gum, mints, lemon drops, etc. stuff to suck on (tons left to share)
-candy (like skittles or starbursts)
-saltine crackers
-emetrol
-ginger in any form (candied ginger in cookies, ginger ale)
-motion sickness bands, "psi bands"
-Vit. B6 with Unisom
-Phenergan or Zofran
-sipping ice cold, fresh squeezed lemonade through a straw
-frozen lemon bars from the grocery store
-morning sickness magic (it's an all natural capsule that you take 4 times a day - it's a mixture of vitamin b6, folic acid and ginger)
-ginger root capsules



No comments:

Post a Comment