Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cloth Wipes

bumGenius Natural Flannel Baby Wipes - Pack of 12 
Did you know that the average family spends $800 on baby wipes?  Yikes!  Our family uses cloth wipes and we have found that they are not only less expensive than disposable wipes but they smell so much better too!

Want to try it? My absolute favorite wipes are BumGenius bamboo wipes but cloth wipes are easy to make, from flannel, terrycloth, old t-shirts, etc.  Every other week (or so) I take a 32 ounce plastic bottle and fill it with about a tbsp. of Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap (I like lavender), 1 tbsp. of olive oil (or mineral, Johnson & Johnson, etc.), 4-10 drops of essential oil (I like lavender or geranium)- and then fill the remainder of the container with water.  I use an empty baby wipes container and put about 10-15 cloth wipes in before I soak them in the wipe solution.  I've heard that some parents use a wipe warmer too.   Happy wiping!

2 comments:

  1. I use cloth diapers and disposable wipes, and I have no clue in the world how somebody spends $800 on wipes! 2 years in I've spent maybe $40. I guess some people use a lot of wipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I know- that is a lot of wipes... Maybe that statistic was obtained from the National Council for Cloth Wipes Usage? :)

    ReplyDelete